-Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.
Contradiction. Paradox. Rhetoric. Oxymorons. Have you ever stopped to think about the beauty of paradox, irony and contradiction in language? Why express in simple words if it can be constructed within a contradiction? It immediately makes you sit up and think.
Think about it.
- I think I've caught a fever. How do I describe it? It makes me feel hot and cold and the same time.
- A cold fever.
- Suzie Q- Creedence Clearwater
- Am I wrong- Keb 'Mo'
- Sorry- Maria Mena
- Yellow Submarine-Beatles
- Babe I'm gonna leave you- Led Zep
- Bigger Stronger Faster- Coldplay
- Alright- Madeliene Peyroux
- Magic Man- Heart
- Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova- Falling Slowly.
- I'm your Man- Leonard Cohen
- Superstition- Stevie Wonder
- Crazy- Gnarls Barkley
- Pink Bullets- The Shins
- Trouble- Ray Lamontagne
- Stormy Monday- Eva Cassidy
- Somebody to love- Queen
- Gone in the morning- Newton Faulker
P.s- Too lazy to post youtube links. Take my word, every song is worth atleast one listen. They're not my favorites, but they are pretty darn fab. And my favorite genre of music isn't included in this list, apart from keb mo, because their lyrics are not as beauitful as the melodies. Prove me wrong, someone! Hurry!!!