Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pink Bullets- The Shins.

I've been listening to this song on repeat for four days now.
It's the kind of song that every once in a while, shakes you up, makes you teary-eyed only because it overwhelms you.
The melody, the lyrics. They all fit. It ascends and descends leaving you wanting more, yet content in a spooky way.
Sigh. This makes me feel alive. Not in an upbeat way, but in a "this is what I live for" way.


I was just bony hands as cold as a winter pole
you held a warm stone out new flowing blood to hold
oh what a contrast you were
to the brutes in the halls
my timid young fingers held a decent animal.

Over the ramparts you tossed
the scent of your skin and some foreign flowers
tied to a brick
sweet as a song
the years have been short but the days were long.

Cool of a temperate breeze from dark skies to wet grass
we fell in a field it seems now a thousand summers passed
when our kite lines first crossed
we tied them into knots
and to finally fly apart
we had to cut them off.

Since then it's been a book you read in reverse
you understand less as the pages turn
or a movie so crass
and awkardly cast
that even I could be the star.


3 comments:

S said...

funny that you mention idiocy, because one would relate that with you.

v said...

Turning my comment around to face me is definetly a work of a genuis.

S said...

Genius, V.
It's GenIUs.

That's the least I would expect from you...not.