Home. Everything is so heavenly about this place. My hair feels better, I look better. Even dusty Delhi is a relief from rain drenched, awe inspiring, beautiful Pune. Because Delhi is Home. And always will be.
1. I will always love my mum’s annoying habit of watching sexist soaps and crying over them.
2. I will always love My dad’s morning ritual of (im)patiently waiting for breakfast and muttering to himself about how things will never change. Because they never do :)
3. I will always love Delhi’s heat, no matter how much I crib about it.
4. I will always love the fact that you have to be mighty careful on the roads, and one lives with the perennial fear of being attacked or harassed in broad daylight- because it makes you stronger and aware.
5. I will always love my college and course – for the rest of my life. I love that it has molded me, shaped my personality and given me a niche.
6. I love the Delhi University culture. It suits me. It is laid back and hard working at the same time. It has a place for all kind of people. I love my college because it is growing and I was a part of that growth process
7. I love moving out of the home at 4 in the afternoon to meet a friend for conversations and a sub. I love the student cafes, the affordable shopping sprees, the trend of clothing and footwear that defines a delhi-ite.
8. I love Delhi roads- all of CP, Khan market, Dilli Haat, vasant kunj to IIT, even the BRT because it is so aesthetically beautiful. ( And no, I will not elucidate for people who don’t live in Delhi, the beauty of it is to experience it)
9. I love the music scene in Delhi. Each band, each choir. I love the theatre scene even more. It’s irreplaceable. Walking down Kamani and LTG and finding any random play to go watch, is brilliant.
10. I love standing up to anyone who criticizes Delhi. They don’t know what they’re talking about. Delhi is IT.
11. I love random walks/drives around delhi, at any time: morning, afternoon, evening and night.
12. I love all the seasons of Delhi- each of it has something special to offer.
13. I love the fact that delhi people are predominantly loud and boisterous, because it defines the place. Take it or leave it.
14. I love every single person who I have met in Delhi and have contributed to my life. I love this place. And yes, I will ALWAYS be a Delhi girl, no matter where I go, and however much cool(er), allegedly, the place is.