- I remember my neighbours building had a huge basement parking and an even huger down slope to get there. So we' strap on our roller skates and roll down. So much fun !! Without any elbow or knee pads. And i never bruised myself. And then once we got tired we'd play around in the basement and pretend like we had some dangerous mystery to solve, and force ourselves to pretend like the small speck of paint meant something :) Good times. I miss my neighbours.
- I remember fighting like crazy with my friends, after which i would pretend like i had a secret language that i created with my other imaginary friends, only to make my real friends jealous. Never worked with a majority of them, the only one who believed i actually knew a secret language is my longest standing best friend. No surprise, huh?
- Me and my friends would play chor-police in 6 buildings around us, till late in the night, about 9, and then come back home and hog on food. I dont think i went home for 4-5 days altogether during my vacations.
- Whenever I'd come to Delhi for vacations, My parents would take me to Appughar without fail, and then the zoo. The only thing I'd ever want to eat would be cotton candy, And i was crazzzzzzzzzyy about those soapy bubbles. I'd drive my mum mad :)
- My grandmother would try to teach me to speak in Tamil every vacation. One day she taught me "naan kizhe poren" (I'm going down) which she told me to tell everyone in the house evertime i went downstairs to play in the park. She had also taught me "mella poren" (going up) the day before. Needless to say i got confused and said "naan mella poren" instead, in front of all my grandmum's RELIGIOUS friends. My dad snorted and mum burst into laughter. I wasn't given ice-cream that night :)
- In the 2nd grade we had a fancy dress competition in school one day and had a musical the next day- The Ugly Duckling. I was made one of the roosters for the musical so to take the easy way out i wore the same costume for the fancy dress competition, and i spilt some greasy food on it. The next day we thought the lights would cover the stain, so nobody bothered. But turns out, the other rooster that had to hug me, was allergic to whatever caused the stain, so 5 mins after my scene she started to sneeze heavily. Nobody knows till date that I'm the cause behind the awkward scene !
- In the 7th grade I had a crush on some boy in the 9th grade. He was captain of the Swimming team boys and i was captain of the girls team. I got a dare to go talk to him, and i caught him near the pool, so while talking to him me friends sneaked up behind us and threw us both into the pool, with clothes !
- When i was in the 6 th grade we(neighbours and me) held a junk jewelry exhibition, that was such a big hit, my parents got calls from Sponsors asking her to allow us to continue making them on a regular basis. We earned quite a lot of money as well.
- I was in a real hurry once to use the bathroom in a mall, and in the hurry i locked to door real hard. When i tried getting out, the door wouldnt open. I cried, howled, screamed. I went crazy. I kept screaming for my mum, and a good 15 mins of shrieks later, i realized i was unlocking the door in the wrong direction :)
- My parents took to me for Titanic when it released. Everybody knws what happened to me after that, i took me 4 months start sleeping properly, and the smallest noise would wake me up and i would irritate the maids in the house. Yeah, i was quite a whiny little brat.
Thats all i can think of. Most of the other memories and of me throwing a tantrum and my parents throwing one back :) I actually demanded things as a kid. Sometimes i would get what i want, but when the demands were crazy (like a years supply of soap bubbles), my parents knew when to ignore :)
Urgh. Hopefully i'll feel fine by tomorrow.